IKEA, Sydney Business Park, Marsden Park, NSW
IKEA is due to open its second largest Sydney store in June 2015, at the new Marsden Park Business Park, located in Sydney’s western suburbs. The store will stock over 7,600 different products and will cover an area of 28,500sqm which will include a showroom, market hall, a 450 seat restaurant, a children’s play area and parking for 850 cars.
Project Design Brief
Designers required a safe and cost effective car park, free of hazards and easily drained during wet weather.
- QK200B KerbDrain was chosen as it comprises modular Polycrete Channels with a robust single piece construction and inlets for continuous drainage
- ACO’s Technical Services advised designers on the stormwater connection details to ensure all overland flow was captured with a minimum amount of pipework required
- ACO’s KerbDrain allows for shallow excavation and fewer underground pipes, which provided cost savings over traditional carparks with complex falls to conventional pit
- Linear drains are easier and quicker to access during maintenance
- KerbDrain’s QK200B profile also inhibits vehicles from mounting the footpath
- Car parks free of undulations, create a safe environment for people with trolleys